Andrea Lieberman, the celebrity stylist-turned-designer, continuously amazes us with suitcase-worthy wardrobe staples from her cool and contemporary brand, A.L.C. Here, the self-described ‘born traveler’, talks to us about her must-have essentials for the plane, as well as a few of the places she loves to visit.
Where are your favorite places to travel to?
Paris, Morocco, and Cabo—just put me on a plane and I’m happy. I was born a traveler.
Aisle or window?
The window. I like a great view.
Preferred in-flight beverage?
I try to stick to water, especially on long flights.
How do you entertain yourself at 35,000 feet?
A combination of magazines, books and movies. I just finished Lean In on my most recent flight from LA to NY.
What type of luggage do you travel with?
I use a black Tumi suitcase for long trips, but I generally prefer to just carry on. I pride myself on my packing abilities.
What brand of carry-on bag do you use?
My Hermes carpet bag—it fits everything.
What are the 10 travel-essentials you never leave home without?
1. All my i’s; iPhone, iPad, and iMac.
2. A cashmere blanket & cashmere socks—I am eternally cold.
3. Muji traveling office which includes my favorite pencils, pens and sketch book.
4. Headphones—a good playlist can get you through the longest of flights.
5. The A.L.C. Paloma bag—I call it my ‘breakaway bag’ because it ‘s perfect on its own but also fits into a bigger bag. The 3 compartments keeps me organized through the airport. I keep my passport and credit cards in one pocket, black kohl eyeliner and sunglasses in the second, and my phone in the other. Done.
6. Dr. Lancer face cream—it keeps my skin hydrated.
7. Esos lip balm—it’s my new drug store obsession!
8. A toothbrush—a good practice I picked up when I was styling and traveling constantly.
9. A striped tee—I generally get off the plane and go straight into a meeting, a clean new shirt always makes me feel more put together.
10. A pack of gum—I always pick it up at the airport before my flight.
Andrea Lieberman, photographed with her son, en route to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico